Job Description – Working as an independent contractor, the Coalition Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the planning, implementation, and evaluation activities associated with the Coalition to include: general oversight for regular meetings and associated projects; grant oversight, submission, and management; and serve as the key contact for the Santa Fe Housing Action Coalition (SFHAC). The Coordinator will work to develop and implement strategies in cooperation with the SFHAC that will lead to long-term involvement of community institutions, organizations and individuals in advancing a strategic housing agenda.
Responsibilities may include:
- Report to coalition leadership and meet regularly with SHFAC Coalition Leadership Committee to guide the work of the coalition
- Coordinate and facilitate SFHAC Coalition meetings and communicate effectively with members to promote collaboration, negotiation, and problem solving.
- Coordinate SFHAC Committee meetings in collaboration with Committee Chairs or Leadership Committee
- Work as a team member with the SFHAC Coalition members to meet annual goals
- Assist coalition members in conducting an annual program of work and budget plan for adoption by the SFHAC Coalition
- Assist with special projects, fundraising events, and educational outreach
- Work with contractors to maintain and develop content for the coalition website
- Manage and oversee expenditures of SFHAC Coalition budget and contracts.
- Seek and write grant proposals to obtain additional funding, or coordinate contract staff to support grant writing activities.
- Coordinate in cooperation with SFHAC’s Advocacy Coordinator efforts to advance housing policy initiatives
Bachelor’s degree and/or two years’ experience in managing or coordinating a community-based housing or community development-related work. A proven ability to work independently, offer public relations or marketing skills, excellent organization skills, strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, knowledge of the research or evaluation process and proficient in software to manage and track meeting dates and schedules.
Independent contractor with a minimum of 40 hours per month capacity.
Please send letter of interest, resume and rate proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org